This agreement was written in English. To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Date of last revision: August 8, 2010.
Statement of rights and responsibilities
By using or accessing WebberID, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
2. Sharing your content and information
You own all of the content and information you post on WebberID, and you can control how it is shared through your settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with WebberID ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of WebberID, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about WebberID, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep WebberID safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on WebberID.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access WebberID, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on WebberID.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not use WebberID to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of WebberID, such as a denial of service attack.
10. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this statement.
4. Registration and account security
WebberID users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on WebberID, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
3. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your messages to an advertiser).
4. You will not use WebberID if you are a convicted sex offender.
5. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
6. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
7. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
8. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting other people's rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on WebberID that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on WebberID if we believe that it violates this statement.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
4. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including WebberID, the WebberID logos), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
5. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on WebberID.
6. About advertisements and other commercial content served or enhanced by WebberID
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, you agree to the following:
1. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
2. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
We can change this statement if we provide you notice (by posting the change on the WebberID terms page). To get notice of any future changes to this statement, visit our WebberID terms page.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of WebberID to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this statement or WebberID exclusively in a state or federal court located in Brussels. The laws of Belgium will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Brussels, Belgium for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on WebberID, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP WEBBERID UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING WEBBERID "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT WEBBERID WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. WEBBERID IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR WEBBERID, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR WEBBERID WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, WEBBERID'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW
1 .By "WebberID" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.webberid.com and any other WebberID branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from WebberID or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
4. By "content" we mean anything you post on WebberID that would not be included in the definition of "information."
5. By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from WebberID or provide to WebberID through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on WebberID or otherwise make available to us.
7. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into WebberID at least once in the previous 30 days.
9. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
1. This statement is an agreement between you and WebberID, Inc.
2. This statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding WebberID, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing WebberID.